Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead at age 44

The NickLea.com Message Board: Off-Topic: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead at age 44
By Aussiegrrl (144.132.102.187) on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 03:38 am:

While I rarely post here anymore, I thought that given Steve's great following in North America and Europe that this was worth sharing...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

A great tragedy for his family, the staff of Australia Zoo, and the conservation of wildlife for which he was so passionate.

I'm sure that I speak for everyone here when I say that he'll be sadly missed. :(

RIP Steve, gone to where the wild things are.

By Leigh (70.110.96.237) on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 06:10 am:

I got up this morning, and it was breaking news on CNN. What a shock. I can hardly believe it.

By Aussiegrrl (144.132.102.187) on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 08:02 am:

Leigh there was an interview with a ray expert from the Sydney Aquarium on the news tonight who said that he probably never saw it coming (the ray attack), and probably would have died instantly. Rays almost never attack, and Steve's is only the third recorded death.

He was a wonderful ambassador for conservation, especially in this country as the face of the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service, and his work establishing his wildlife rescue and education programs.

A very small solace is that he went out doing what he loved most, connecting with the wild creatures he fought so hard to protect.

By Dee (67.168.249.111) on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 06:23 am:

Hi, Carrie,
I rarely post here anymore, either, but I thought of you when I read it also and checked in. I remember finding the Crocodile Hunter Stuff back in Santa Monica a few years ago and we could see how he swept the globe. I think it was a remote control crocodile? My son loved it, and him. He was such a funny, good hearted charachter and what he contributed to the understanding and appreciation of animals has no end. I imagine he can meet all kinds of critters he never even dreamed of now.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: