Whistler Spoilers Thread

The NickLea.com Message Board: Nick Lea - Spoiler Zone : Whistler Spoilers Thread
By AnonXF (70.17.70.164) on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 10:07 pm:

Aw, ambitious dad, now a sad dad. NL got to cry and gasp and be mad at his sell out of a brother. So nice to see him as an important character in a continuing drama.

Blue shirt = very nice and he is slim and has nice hair. Such a treat to know there will be more next week.

A soap is what it is, but to see Nick I will watch a soap, even a teen soap.

By Ursula (207.200.116.7) on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 02:27 pm:

Nick's character seems very complex. It's a real chance for him to show his stuff. I bet even people who have never heard of Nick ended up riveted to his performance every second he was on screen.

By AnonXF (70.18.229.226) on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 11:46 pm:

I am somewhat disappointed in Whistler's almost total lack of decent people. Yes - The McKay parents and living son are - so far - just trying to cope. But, the rest of the bunch of regulars are real F**k-ups. Maybe it is because I do not watch soaps and have no patience. The amount of teenage drinking and drug use, while it may approximate reality, is boring and already a repetative theme for the girlfriend to mess up in and need to be rescued. The sleazy rich guest and the main bad guy Varland with his sexual kinks are so black and white that they are boring too.

I wanted to at least like the shows that NL is in, because I want to support his career and get my dose of new Nickage, but really!

By bonji (152.132.9.132) on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 11:03 pm:

Anon XF--- please be patient because NL more than makes up for it. And since I cannot resist, he sure looked cute in that sleeping bag pursuing an indiscretion.

By AnonXF (70.17.88.174) on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 10:50 pm:

Winnepeg Sun today go see this http://winnipegsun.com/Entertainment/Columnists/StGermain_Pat/2006/08/25/1775073-sun.html

By wickedwitch_to_3 (70.161.218.89) on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 07:40 pm:

Well, after 3eps you knew Whistler couldn't last more than a Season & 1/2 - if that - w/the "Who killed Beck" storyline. Being a producer did get NL very nice close ups - but be honest w/yourselves - apart from some very wishful thinking - who honestly thought Whistler would last thru 2 whole seasons?

So here's my guess on the apparetly out there ending:
1)Mommy - who's always seemed like one of her pistons wasn't firing - found the blackmail pics & 50k in Beck's closet while collecting laundry, killed Beck to protect his & her families image & so no one would ever find out what a wanker Beck really was.
2) Varland is the Miller girls' father - gee, who would guess that would be the "connection" to them?

Now I'll have to wait for the DVD too see it I'm right.

By Marna (62.47.146.145) on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 01:05 pm:

Thanks to youtube, I've been finally able to watch a new series without waiting years until (if at all) it airs in Austria. And with Nick in it, too. So, obviously, this alone pleased me a lot, but I have enjoyed Whistler much more than I expected to. I liked its style and the dark mood. Very dark, indeed, after watching the finale! Ethan's character had beautiful "Krycek moments" in it, too!! The elevator-scene seemed to be picked right out of the X-files. The authors really had fun at completely taking apart Adrien Varland's life. I ended up not only pitying him, but even liking him (a tiny little bit). I'd love to see how the three "couples" (Ethan/Jen, Ryan/Nicole, Carrie/Quinn) fare after this spectacularly disastrous end. But I'm not hopeful that there'll be a second season at all. Maybe Whistler would have worked better with a bit less of teenager-themed settings. It certainly can work to integrate teenagers in very dark themes (Twin Peaks), but in Whistler they often seemed oddly out of place to me.

By Bianca (80.226.161.44) on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 02:03 am:

The second season of Whistler has been confirmed by CTV months ago, although Nick said on a convention he won´t be in it as Whistler turned out to be a "soap opera" and I completely agree with him here. His role in Kyle X/Y is so much better with more depth and wonderful Krycek moments. Hopefully ABC Family gets season 2 on the road soon.

By AnonXF (71.163.132.155) on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 09:36 am:

I hope Kyle-xy does return soon. It seems that Nick might have a smaller role in it now as the boy has been reunited with his original creator and Nick's character becomes a hunted man instead of helping the kid along.

By Alterai (75.167.174.77) on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 04:17 am:

I just found NL through X-files fanfiction. Now I can't get enough of him! Lol.
I'd love to watch Whistler. I live in the US. Is there any way I can get a copy of it?
Also, does anyone know when or if Men in Trees will be out in DVD? Eric is just too cute!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: