Kyle XY finale

The NickLea.com Message Board: Nick Lea - Spoiler Zone : Kyle XY finale
By Leigh (97.66.98.27) on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 09:37 pm:

So, was Nick in it?

I am on the road this week, and staying in a hotel that doesn't get ABC Family. (Curses! I should have stayed in a Comfort Inn. I stayed in one of those last night, and they did have ABC Family.)

I must say, I've gotten to really like Kyle XY lately. I guess with the end in sight, it's made them more focused. I've found the last few episodes compelling - more so than the earlier ones, which I watched only for Nick.

By bardsmaid (71.236.139.156) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:08 pm:

Arrgh! That's all I can say about the finale. Lots of great tension, but no resolution at all; it seemed like the first part of a two-parter, with all the attendant frustration given that we're not going to ever seen Part 2. And unfortunately, no Tom Foss. Sigh.

I really enjoyed the show in Season 1. I went into the series just out of curiosity about what kind of role Nick would have in it, but was immediately captured by Matt Dallas's portrayal of Kyle-as-new-to-life. Other highlights for me: the close relationship that developed between Kyle and mom Nicole Trager, the mystery behind Kyle, and the gradual revelation of who Tom Foss was and what he was up to. As usual, Nick worked his magic on this role, making Foss very human, contradictory and compelling.

I frankly found a lot of Season 2 disappointing, since they seemed to be trying to make Kyle into a normal teenager, when 'not normal' is what made him interesting in the first place. But in Season 3 they returned to the underlying mystery, which pulled me back in again. Too bad we didn't see much of Tom Foss, though his one little appearance right at the end of 'In the Company of Men' (episode 4) was terrific--a lot of distilled emotion and depth there... for however briefly he was on-camera.

As a number of other people have said, Tom Foss seems the closest role Nick has had to the essence of Alex Krycek... which suited me fine. (My commentary on Nick as Krycek here.) I hope he lands another of these compelling, layered roles soon. Then again, Nick tends to bring out the depth and human potential in every role he plays, including ones where the writers probably only had a stereotype in mind to begin with rather than the much more nuanced and three-dimensional character that Nick ends up bringing to life on-screen.

Btw, Leigh, if you have a computer with you and high speed access, you can catch many of the recent eps in their entirety, including the finale, from this page at ABCFamily.com.

By Sharon Lawson (98.227.150.4) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 08:08 am:

Nick was not in the finale. The episode played like a season finale, not a series finale. There was a definite cliff hanger.

By Leigh (97.66.98.27) on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 06:07 pm:

Man, that's annoying. A cliffhanger, when there isn't going to be a part 2?

I wonder if they are hoping to move to a new network, or are planning a movie.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: